Please visit www.fundnjpension.org for more information and what you can do to protect your pension!
For more information, visit the
NJEA’s Issues and Political Action pages:
WHAT IS A LEGISLATIVE ACTION TEAM (LAT)?
A Legislative Action Team is a network of members who communicate legislative and political information to elected officials
and other members. They form a vital link between our Association and our government.
How to Organize a Legislative Action Team In Your Local
Share information from your county LAT meeting with members in your own building. You can do this by:
- Giving a brief report at your local’s rep council meeting. Ask your local president to put you on the agenda.
- Posting information on your faculty bulletin board.
- Stuffing relevant pieces in mailboxes if that is permitted by your local association’s agreement.
- Write a summary of the meeting and share it by passing it out to members directly.
- Put the information in your faculty room with food or candy to entice people to read it.
Find 1 or 2 people from each building in your local who will do what you are doing in your own building. If you have trouble finding people in other buildings… ask your local President for help in identifying members that might be interested in helping you.
If members ask you about information that you have shared with them and you do know know the answer… do not worry! Tell them that you will get back to them.