IMPORTANT MCREA ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Tricky Tray Sponsors: We appreciate the donations from the vendors listed here. Let them know how much their support means to us when you visit their stores. Also tell them that the proceeds raised go
directly into the scholarship fund. The success of the Basket Bonanza was due to the efforts of many. Thank you so much.
- Attention Veterans! Click here for important information about tax exemptions!
- Publication Mailing Meetings/Posting Dates for 2018:
March- copy deadline February 1, mailing meeting February 18May – copy deadline April 1, mailing meeting April 15June – copy deadline May 1, mailing meeting May 20th
- Luncheon/Business Meeting Dates for 2018:
Click here for a digital copy of the MCREA Newsletter:
Purposes of the Association:
- To inform members about benefits available to them and how to attain them;
- To provide scholarship aid to students who have been graduated from Morris County, NJ public schools and who will prepare for a career in education by graduating with a bachelor’s degree in education.
- To further the advancement of education in New Jersey and in the United States;
- To advocate and promote the passage of local, state, and national legislation and/or programs and services benefiting retired members;
- To hold meetings at which relevant information may be presented to MCREA members by those who conduct state business on behalf of members;
- To provide a report of MCREA meetings, activities, and other pertinent information to each member by means of MCREA publications and media and/or through publications and media of NJREA/NJEA.
- Executive Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month in Sept., Oct., Dec., March, April, May, and June.
- Business meetings/luncheons are held on the second Wednesday of the months of Sept., Oct., Dec., March, May, and June. The business meeting begins at 10:30 AM, with lunch at 12 Noon.
- Location and dates of meetings/luncheons are published in each issue of the MCREA
- The annual fundraiser is held in April, usually on the third Friday;
- When meeting dates fall on religious holidays, a new date is scheduled;
- Members of the Executive Board are elected at the business meeting in May; the budget is voted on at the business meeting in June;
- The MCREA News is published five times each year: September/October, December, March, May, and June. To access the News online, go to mccea.com/mcrea. No password is needed.
- MCREA Members enrolled prior to September 1, 2014, are encouraged to access the MCREA News online via email notification but do have the option of regular mail delivery;
- For MCREA members enrolled as of or after September 1, 2014, an email notification is sent when access to the newest issue of the MCREA News is available online.
- The membership year begins on September 1st and concludes on August 31st;
- NJREA mails notifications for unified membership renewals to the majority of MCREA annual renewal members, generally in May; the options of either annual renewal (AnR) or life (LF) membership are available;
President: Susan Vigilante email@example.com 973-539-1820
1st VP: Susan Beekman firstname.lastname@example.org 973-514-1080
2st VP: Marianne Dispenziere email@example.com 862-684-3818
3rd VP: Joan Jensen firstname.lastname@example.org 973-722-8253
Treasurer: Ron Gounaud email@example.com 973-989-8216
Secretary: Rosemary McHugh firstname.lastname@example.org 973-216-7208
Past President: Tina Antalek email@example.com 973-208-2133
Archives: Theresa Garnier 973-267-7231
Arrangements: Charlotte Bayley firstname.lastname@example.org 973-697-6486
Finance: Carolyn Gallagher 973-882-8644
Government Relations: Tim McGrail email@example.com 908-581-5360
Government Relations: Ginny Osborne firstname.lastname@example.org 973-714-1211
Health/Member Benefits: Barbara Satz email@example.com
Hospitality: Cathy Magliocchetti 973-366-1460
Hospitality: Anita Kalyan Kalyan35@verizon.net 973-361-1656
Human Rights: Shirley Chamberlin firstname.lastname@example.org 973-647-0614
Member Recruitment: Joanne Belmonte email@example.com 201-787-0913
Membership: Marcia Heiden firstname.lastname@example.org 973-980-4830
Nominations: Joseph Steigauf email@example.com 973-361-6864
Parliamentarian: Linda Marton firstname.lastname@example.org 973-432-4365
Publications: Maria Capik
Publicity: Betty Deus
Reservations: Cheryl Doltz email@example.com 973-361-2399
Revisions: Ruth Herr
Scholarship: Betty Levine firstname.lastname@example.org 973-625-3134
Scholarship: Arlene Pepe email@example.com 973-534-7691
Special Events: Elaine Goldfisher firstname.lastname@example.org 973-886-9930
Sunshine: Betty McConnell email@example.com 973-895-2630
Travel: Kay Laskoski